I found this tag over on The Global Bookworm blog. Renée actually created the tag herself. It encompasses some of what I look for in my books. I’m always looking for different perspectives in literature and diversity is central to my blog.
So, let’s get started!
1. From which country are you reading and blogging?
I read and blog from the United States, Florida to be exact.
2. What is the best book from your own country and would you recommend to all other bloggers?
There are soooo many. I love anything by Jason Reynolds of course. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston is my favorite book set in Florida. The Color Purple by Alice Walker and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee are also up there for my favorite US reads.
3. What is the best book you have read from another country this year?
I’m currently reading Americanah by Chimamandah Ngozi Achiebe and it’s great so far. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is one of my all time favorite books, it takes place on the east coast of Africa.
4. From which country would you like to read a story or book next year and why?
I want to read more South and Central American perspectives. Maybe Brazil or Columbia. Then again, I also want to get into reading from European authors. I would like to read a book from France.
5. What is your favorite book to read while traveling?
Any book, that sounds like a cop-out but I don’t usually read the same book twice when travelling.