Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link back to their blogging site.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers; and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on 1 of their blog posts.
- List the rules, and display the Sunshine Bloggers Award logo on your site or on your post.
Why did you start a book blog?
I started a blog because I’ve always loved to read and I was really into watching Booktube videos. I saw that most of these booktubers started out as bloggers and decided to give it a try for myself. I ended up writing about TV shows and movies a year or so ago and that’s seemed to get a lot more attention lately.
What is the best book which has been written in your country?
Which book is your guilty pleasure?
I read Twilight years ago, but I guess you could say that it was a guilty pleasure of mine.
What is your favorite non-fiction book?
I haven’t read too much non-fiction lately. I remember falling in love with The Autobiography of Frederick Douglass in high school. Despite everything he faced in his life, he was able to forgive and move forward toward lasting change.
When would you say that your blog is a (big) success?
I think I’ll consider my blog successful when I’m able to make a steady income from it. I would also love to get books from publishers and interviews with authors and directors. That would be super cool. I would love for blogging to be an extension of my career.
Which book do you believe should be mandatory to read at all schools worldwide?
I don’t know about worldwide, but I think The Hate U Give should be taught in American schools for sure.
Do you rather buy your books or get them from the library?
I used to solely borrow books from the library, but now that I have a job of my own, I’m always buying books. I still get my audiobooks from the library, though.
Which mistakes did you make when you started blogging?
Inconsistency for sure. I need to devote more time to writing and reading. I also watch a lot of TV shows and movies but I don’t blog about all of them. I want to start getting more creative in my posts, like the direction I took with my recent On My Block posts. I want to do more stuff like that instead of just simply reviews.
How do you take care of yourself and your mental health?
I make sure to take mental health breaks and do activities that make me happy. Blogging is one of my favorites, as is reading.
From which country would you like to read a book?
As I talked about in my goals post, I want to read from more Latinx authors this year. I’ve read books by Dominican authors but I want to explore more from South America.
If you could give advice to a blogger who starts today, what would it be?
I made a post with five tips for bloggers a little while ago, it was focused on consistency. I think my biggest advice for bloggers is to get involved with the blogging community, it’s so much fun!
My 11 Questions:
- What’s your favorite genre?
- Where do you like to read?
- What do you do when you’re not reading?
- Who is your favorite author?
- When is your favorite time to read?
- How do you choose what books to read next?
- What do you look for in a book?
- How do you feel about book to movie adaptations?
- Do you prefer a stand-alone or a series?
- Have you ever joined a book club?
- What are your tips to other bloggers?