I was tagged by the lovely Hanna of Hanna Reads several months ago. I was looking through my drafts and realized I never finished this. There’s no time like the present, after all. I don’t actually know the origins of this tag, but if you do, comment them down below.
Thank you Hanna for nominating me!
1. IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN GETTING ON BOARD A SPACE SHIP OR GETTING INTO A TIME MACHINE, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
I think I’d go with a space ship. I’d love to see what’s out there in the rest of the universe. After watching Carole and Tuesday, I’m curious to see what Mars actually looks like up close. Marvel has to be getting their inspiration from something.
2. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK (OR EPISODE OF A SERIES, OR MOVIE) SET AROUND A HOLIDAY? (ANY HOLIDAY)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, hands down. It’s an absolute masterpiece of a movie. I love both the live action and the cartoon versions. I’ve watched it every single year around Christmastime for as long as I can remember.
3. HAVE YOU EVER RECEIVED BOOKISH GIFTS THAT WEREN’T BOOKS? (ORNAMENTS, FIGURINES, BOOK THEMED CANDLES, JEWELRY ETC)
I have a handmade leather bookmark from my trip to Italy. It’s engraved with the name of the program that I went with, People to People. I have it pinned up on my bedroom wall as a souvenir.
Other than that, I can’t think of anything. I would love to get bookish gifts in the future. I might have to start hinting at that for my birthday.
4. THERE’S A LOT OF MEDIA ABOUT VAMPIRES, WEREWOLVES, GHOSTS, FAIRIES, ETC. OUT THERE. WHAT UNDERREPRESENTED MYTHICAL CREATURE DO YOU THINK SHOULD GET MORE ATTENTION?
The Pegasus, for sure. Seeing one in Thor Ragnorak got me thinking about just how underrepresented those beautiful creatures are.
5. IF YOU HAD THE TIME/OTHER RESOURCES, WHAT HOBBY OR SKILL WOULD YOU LOVE TO PICK UP?
I’d love to learn some basic sewing skills so I could go thrifting and up-cycle clothes in a trendy, cool way. I watch Youtube videos of people doing that and I honestly think it’s super cool.
6. DESCRIBE ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS BRIEFLY AND VAGUELY, LIKE YOU WOULD IF YOU WERE WRAPPING IT UP FOR A BLIND DATE WITH A BOOK.
I’ve never done one of these before but I love the idea behind it. See if you can guess the book I’m describing. Comment below with your best guess!
Set in both pre and post-colonial Africa. Themes are: violence, honor, and tradition.
7. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD FIND IN THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT?
I haven’t read Harry Potter *gasps* so I didn’t actually know what the Room of Requirement was. But after a quick ecosia search, I’ve learned that it’s a super secret room that only appears when you really need it. I guess I’d find a printer there. I could really use one of those.
8. WHAT BOOK/SERIES HAS YOUR FAVORITE VILLAIN, ANTIHERO OR ANTAGONIST?
I’m going to go with something that isn’t a book, hopefully that’s not cheating. I love the “villians” of The Good Place. If you know, you know.
9. IF YOU COULD VACATION WITH SOME OF YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS/FAMILY (IN THE REAL WORLD OR A FICTIONAL UNIVERSE), WHERE WOULD YOU GO?
I think I’d go to Wakanda. In the post Black Panther but pre- Infinity War time period, of course. I wouldn’t want to get branded, after all.
10. WHAT IS THE FIRST BOOK YOU REMEMBER LOVING?
If you read my Two for Tuesday (back when that was a thing), you know that The Magic Treehouse holds a special place in my heart. It’s one of the first series I remember falling in love with.
11. WHAT BOOK DID YOU READ LAST YEAR THAT YOU WISH EVERYONE WOULD READ?
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee was absolutely hilarious. I highly recommend it in audiobook format. That’s the best way to enjoy it.
So, that’s all folks. I really enjoyed doing this tag. If you do plan on tagging me in anything, I’ll try not to take eons to do it again.