The Reading Rush is (sadly) over and I had so much fun participating this past week. I finished a grand total of 3 whole books. I also did two of the Instagram challenges.
This makes me want to do another readathon, it’s nice having those challenges and trying to get as many done as you can in the time allotted. Well, let’s get into wrap-up.
I’m back for another Library Book Haul Wrap-up. I got through all four books this time around. Some were great, others not so much. Here’s a summary of my thoughts, for full reviews click the links.
I saw this over on Sara’s blog and decided to join in on the fun. I’m currently taking a break from Two for Tuesday, but I do miss having that kind of content on my blog. I think I’ll try some more of these themed posts in the future.
Theme Thursday is a new monthly feature created by Sophie @ Blame Chocolate where bloggers can share recs and newly found books featuring that month’s theme.
- There will be a different theme (genre, trope, etc) every month. You can check the theme calendar here.
- Those participating have to list titles that feature that theme in some way (doesn’t have to be the main theme of the book).
- You can choose one of the four (or five) Thursdays of every month to post.
- You can use the three main categories: Books I’ve Read/I’m Reading, Books I Want to Read, and Other Books That Fit The Theme but this isn’t mandatory.
- You can repeat books in different themes, if they apply, and choose as many as you want.
- You don’t have to take part every month! Just when you feel like it.
- You can use #BlameThemeThursday on Twitter and other social media to make TT posts easier to find.
- Finally, use this boxed text (or similar) in your post, as it doubles as a pingback.
Today’s going to be a super short Theme Thursday. This prompt had me stumped until I saw Sara’s list. She mentioned both of these books.
I don’t understand why more people aren’t talking about this book. Watch Us Rise was published on February 12th, 2019 and thankfully, my library had a copy.
This is the final book of my June Library Book Haul. I actually read all four this time. It’s been a pretty good reading month and I’m excited for the Wrap-up next week. I’ll also have to bring these beauties back to the library, but at least they’ll get to be loved by someone else.
I’ll be using the same reviewing style I did for Love, Hate, & Other Filters so please let me know if you like it, or if you’d rather I go back to my old ways.
If you checked out my Library Book Haul last month, you already know I had some pretty high hopes for this one.
I’m trying something a little different with this review, so please let me know what you think. There also may be a few minor spoilers in the later half, be warned.